Merchandising Manager, Jewelry
Uno Alla Volta
The Merchandising Manager, Jewelry is responsible for creating and executing the strategic vision for the Uno Alla Volta jewelry business across catalog and digital platforms, building and managing the seasonal assortment strategy across all designers and private label brands. All staff are responsible for representing the Uno Alla Volta brand in a consistent style, voice and look, ensuring best practices are always leveraged for the best customer experience.
- Develop the category strategy for Jewelry and oversee the curation of the overall site assortment. Leads strategy development to grow sales and margin and ensure the success of designated categories. Analyze sales and conduct external competitive analysis to gain market share.
- Oversee purchased and drop-ship assortment strategies while growing exclusive designer development and Uno Alla Volta’s studio product development opportunities.
- Own artist recruitment and lead the continual launch of new products from existing artists and introduce new artists.
- Identify and quantify new business opportunities.
- Partner with the Director of Merchandising to develop the seasonal operations calendar. Communicate key dates, seasonal assortments, sample requests and product information as needed.
- Merchandise compelling channel presentations utilizing the seasonal and core product assortment. Collaborate with Creative, Marketing and Inventory Planning to drive seasonal strategies that meet financial targets and align with the brand strategy. Use analytics to adjust the product offer accordingly.
- Provide product insights for the site and collaborate with marketing on email/messaging as well as online presentation. This includes marketing emails, landing pages, mini landing pages, special events.
- Collaborate cross-functionally and develop seasonal action plans to maximize opportunities and minimize liabilities.
- Analyze performance for assigned categories in season and post season. Identify category trends and opportunities. Report key takeaways and propose actionable next steps from learnings.
- Lead the development of the Jewelry team and promote career and leadership development at all levels.
- Focus on Uno Alla Volta’s principles and consider the best interest of Uno Alla Volta and its team members, artists, and customers, while performing job duties.
- Some travel may be required.
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in fashion or retail merchandising, or a related field is preferred.
- 3-5 years of direct merchandising experience is required.
- Experience with jewelry and e-commerce merchandising, multi-channel retailing, and sales optimization in an online environment is preferred.
Skills & Competencies
- Demonstrate initiative, passion, enthusiasm, self-motivation, and a strong sense of ownership and accountability.
- Demonstrate strong leadership, interpersonal, organizational, collaboration, and communication skills to include writing, listening, and giving and receiving feedback.
- Ability to make responsible decisions, use good judgement and take a positive approach to problem solving and operational efficiency to include identifying and defining problems, establishing facts, and drawing valid conclusions.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
- Ability to effectively deal with stressful, high-pressure situations and calmly deal with the issues that arise.
- Ability to maintain attention to detail, adaptability, and flexibility.
- Ability to prioritize, juggle multiple projects and tasks while meeting deadlines, and thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.