Frontend Software Engineer
📌 About us:
StubHub International (SHI) is a marketplace that provides fans a safe, transparent, and trusted environment to buy and sell tickets for sport and music events all over the world. It allows fans with tickets they can no longer use to recoup part of the money they’ve spent and fans that didn’t have the chance to buy tickets when the on-sale, to access them at any time.
Our goal: To be the most trusted ticketing marketplace that connects fans and inspires them to enjoy life through live events, providing them a safe environment to buy and sell tickets through fair practices and transparency, while giving them the best choice and value. Backed by award-winning customer care, StubHub’s FanProtect™ Guarantee means every ticket is guaranteed valid or customers receive a replacement ticket of equal or better value, or their money back.
At StubHub International, we are:
- We are a team on a mission: We are a diverse and inclusive team that is here to disrupt and challenge the status quo. We think in a bold, creative and different way and we take calculated risk.
- We put fans first: We understand that a vibrant marketplace needs to earn and keep the trust of our buyers and sellers. It always starts and ends with the fans; it is our top priority and consistently top of mind.
- We deliver: We feel empowered to make decisions, we take action, and we move fast. We overcome obstacles, find solutions, and take pride in taking full ownership and accountability.
- We do the right thing: We operate with a high level of integrity; no matter what is right for the fans, stakeholders and colleagues.
- We enjoy the journey: We believe in hard work and in the importance of what we are accomplishing. We are hungry, we are passionate, and we simply love what we do.
🎯 The Opportunity:
We are currently looking for a great Front-end developer who is proficient with all kinds of front-end technologies, especially with React.js. Your primary focus will be on developing user interface components and implementing them following well-known React.js workflows (such as Flux or Redux). You will ensure that these components and the overall application are robust and easy to maintain. You will coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality product is important.
- Developing new user-facing features usingReact.js
- Building scalable solutions, reusable components and front-end libraries
- Translating designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Optimizing components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers
- Embrace KISS principle
- Be the owner of your code and responsible for pushing it to production
- Pair review. Every piece of code is reviewed by your peers before merging
- Work with CI / CD pipelines. We don’t like wasting time with manual, error-prone deployment work
- Be data driven. We use metrics to guide our development and validate new functionalities
- Follow Agile values and principles. We break product development work into small increments so we can add value sooner
- Thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles
- Experience with popular React.js workflows (such as Flux or Redux)
- Familiarity with newer specifications of EcmaScript
- CSS3 and modern CSS modules such as grid layout, custom properties, CSS variables
- Good knowledge withadaptive/responsive design and cross-browser techniques.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs
- Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
- Ability tounderstand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Familiarity with code versioning tools,we use Git
- Some SQL knowledge would be appreciated
- Knowledge of isomorphic React is a plus
- Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token
- GitFlow as we try to apply on our teams
- Willing to improve and learn every day
- Proactivity. You create or control a situation rather than just responding to it after it has happened.
- Critical thinking, problem solving, public speaking, professional writing, teamwork, leadership, professional attitude, work ethic, career management and intercultural fluency.
- Fluent in written and spoken communication in English (kudos for Spanish)
🌟 What we offer:
- 🌍 We embrace 100% remote working
- Competitive salary.
- ⏰ Flexible working day that fits into your life
- Good work environment is very important for us ✌️
- Cultural diversity and international teams
- Benefits: Life insurance, private medical insurance (you and your direct family), pension plan, meal tickets, public transport pass, nursery tickets, time off and others.
Are you interested in joining an ambitious and close-knit team dedicated to solving meaningful customer problems? Your work will have a significant impact on the business, and help spread the joy of concerts, theater, and sports around the world.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel StubHub International is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.